Download The Dawn Cluster

Get it on Google Play

Now Shirking Everywhere Worldwide

I hope everyone's holidays were festive and happy and all that jazz. I considered posting but felt I should wait until I had more to say. About my work, that is. I could go on for pages about rewatching all of X-Men the Animated Series from the beginning to prep for '97, but that would be cliche. No, this venue is for me to market myself, so without further ado...

Intent on not being a one hit wonder, I toiled for three years to manifest a new speculative story I could be proud of. I can now say that, as of today, my new novel, The Shirker, is available on all major online eBook retailers and is available in paperback as well! One part Scarface, another part Last Man Standing, and another part Logan, The Shirker is my nod to the wandering anti-hero, however my take removes the wandering and instead evaluates what if, like the rest of us, our 'hero' stays in one place and is forced to live with his actions? Hopefully, you've already met Vio Recarey, or you will soon! I'm pretty sure some of you have, though, because The Shirker sold faster than any of my other books, and garnered reviews faster, too!

Speaking of those that already met Vio, I am beyond proud that in its first week of availability on Amazon as a Kindle Unlimited exclusive, The Shirker was the #1 New Release in Crime and Mystery Science Fiction! That orange flag is a badge of honor every author hopes to display, so you bet your keister I have it tagged to the top of my homepage! The 90 day exclusive window for Kindle has ended, and I wasted no time getting The Shirker up on Apple, Kobo, Google, Barnes and Noble and a slew of others. That means no excuses about preferred apps - it's everywhere now, baby!

I haven't found a place for the in-universe short story, but I would be lying if I wasn't planning a collection or two of short works for the future, so be assured, it will see the light of day, one way or another. I've been enjoying writing the short pieces, also. Especially the unsettling, Tales From the Crypt type of yarns I've been spinning. I mentioned it in my last post but I am indeed weaving together an anthology of sorts, but I need to churn out another handful of stories before it's enough.

Wish I had more to add but truth is, right now I'm playing the waiting game. How am I spending that time? Other than brainstorming another story? X-Men, Tokyo Vice, and soon I'm going to binge Shogun. And of course, Ghostbusters 4 this weekend! Between that, Dune, Godzilla x Kong and Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes, it's a great year for sci-fi, isn't it?



Buy on Amazon

Comments

Reader Pulse

Author Mark J. Schultis Books

Teaser

Popular Posts